Thomas J. Pruitt
More than 47 years of experience in industrial production supervision, industrial technical support, maintenance operations, risk management, industrial sales and commercial property and building management.
|Associate In Loss Control Management
||Insurance Institute of America
|Associate In Risk Management
||Insurance Institute of America
|Associate in General Studies
||Everett Community College
2003-PRESENT Trnka Engineers Company
- Provide investigative engineering service to insurance claims adjusters and litigation attorneys. Investigation includes auditing accounting and statement of fact files, accident site investigation and accident reconstruction. Requires concise and thorough reporting of cause and origin of a very wide variety of accidental or fraudulent loss.
2002-2004 Ace Tank & Equipment Co. and Busby Marine & Tank, Inc. Sales Specialist for Marine & Custom Fabrication
- Responsible for marine related and custom metal fabrication sales.
- Achieved highest sales level in sales department within first six months.
- Responsible for soliciting new customers and estimating complex projects.
- Solicitation of individual orders often in excess of $1,000,000.
- Developed 113 new client contacts not previously known to management.
2000-2002 Vice President of Operations, Manufacturing Division
- Executive responsibility for all production operations.
- Final authority for all manufacturing personnel, safety and environmental issues.
- Accomplishments included much improved division work efficiency, work quality, staff moral and significantly reduced accident rates.
- Developed access to much larger high quality outside labor pool than normally available to the company.
1996-2000 Property Manager/Loss Control Manager, Manufacturing Division
- Facilitated relocation of Ace Tank & Equipment Co. from Seattle to Tacoma.
- Responsible for over site of environmental clean up and site remediation, major building renovation, and $1,000,000 equipment auction.
- Facilitated occupancy of the property by four different industrial tenants with collective employment of 200 persons.
- Prepared Dept. of Ecology required Pollution Prevention Plan, Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan and L&I Accident Prevention Plan.
1992-1996 Tacoma Boatbuilding Co., Risk Manager
- Administered general liability, property, auto and workers’ comp. policies.
- Managed all injury claims (USL&H Worker’ Act and State Fund).
- First responder to accidents and injuries, administered first aid, completed accident reports and management of return to work program.
1986-1996 Property and Facilities Manager
- Supervised all maintenance related to piers, buildings, equipment and vehicles.
- Point of contact for Dept. of Ecology, City of Tacoma Water, Sewer and Electrical utilities and local fire and police departments.
1975-1996 Welding Superintendent and Engineer
- Developed and implemented all welding procedures for major vessel construction for USCG, US Navy and commercial projects.
- Represented company to customers, inspection agencies, labor unions and vocational schools in all matters related to welding activities.
- Directed all aspects of production welding department.
- Company back log of business at peak of this position was $500,000,000.
- Accomplishments included modernization of welding department and quadrupling of production rate within two years. Maximum department staff: 210.